Vendor Course Instruction (VCI) is the use of extracurricular activities to supplement and enrich core curriculum content. A Vendor Course Instructor is an individual or a company that contracts with Gorm Learning Center (GLC) to provide services such as tutoring, science labs, and performing arts classes.
VCI Policy at a Glance
- The IST manages their students’ VCI budget and produces the student’s purchase orders
- Focus should be on tutoring services or special workshops to broaden basic knowledge and skills in core curriculum content areas
- Student must be completing necessary core curriculum before expanding upon elective courses
- Services must be provided by an approved VCI vendor
- The student must have a purchase order to start and/or continue receiving vendor services
- Parent/Student will contact the approved vendor to confirm eligibility before scheduling services.
- Services can be in a group format or one-on-one tutoring sessions
- VCI does not pay for registration and/or material fees [Ed. Code. 51747.3]
- Students may only attend lessons on academic calendar days.
- VCI can only pay for lessons taken on academic calendar days. (See GLC Academic Calendar)
- Any amount owed to the vendor that exceeds the student’s approved purchase order and/or VCI budget is the responsibility of the parent or guardian of the student
Vendor Highlights at a Glance
- Be open to the public
- Have a business license, where required
- Have liability insurance for a minimum of $1,000,000
- Clear Live Scan through the Department of Justice
- Employers must conduct criminal background checks of all applicants, contractors, employees, and volunteers who have contact with students through the Department of Justice.
- Willing to accept Purchase Orders
- Submit invoices after services are rendered
Please read the information and documents provided below regarding vendorship with GLC. The documents are in Adobe PDF format.
- VCI Vendor FAQs 2016-2017 (pdf)
- Prospective Vendor Letter 2016-2017 (pdf)
- VCI Application 2016-2017 (pdf)
- VCI General Information 2016 – 2017 (pdf)
- Notice To Vendor DOJ Records Check
- VCI Liability Insurance Requirement 2016-2017 (pdf)
- W-9_Rev.12_2014 (pdf)
- Vendors List 2016-2017 (pdf)
For additional information, please contact the Fiscal Services Specialist ~ VCI [email protected] or 909-307-6312 Ext. 339 in our Redlands business office.