Vendor Course Instruction (VCI) is the use of extracurricular activities to supplement and enrich core curriculum content. A Vendor Course Instructor is an individual or a company that contracts with Gorman Learning Center (GLC) to provide services such as tutoring, science labs, and performing arts classes.
Vendor Applicants at a Glance
- Be open to the public.
- Have a business license, where required.
- Have liability insurance for a minimum of $1,000,000.
- Clear Live Scan through the Department of Justice.
- Employers must be Applicant Agency with the Department of Justice conducting criminal background checks of all applicants, contractors, employees, and volunteers who have contact with students.
- Willing to accept Purchase Orders (PO).
- Submit invoice after contracted services are rendered.
VCI Policy at a Glance
- Services must be provided by an approved VCI vendor.
- Can be used for tutoring services or special workshops to broaden basic knowledge and skills.
- VCI can only pay for lessons taken during the academic year (See GLC Academic Calendar).
- The student must have a purchase order to start and/or continue receiving vendor services.
- Parent/Student are advised to contact the vendor to confirm purchase order approval before beginning or continuing services.
- VCI does not pay for registration and/or material fees [Ed. Code. 51747.3].
- Any amount owed to the vendor that exceeds the student’s approved purchase order is not the responsibility of Gorman Learning Center
Please read the information and documents provided below regarding vendorship with GLC. The documents are in Adobe PDF format.
- VCI Vendors FAQ 2018-2019 (pdf)
- Prospective Vendor Letter 2018–2019 (pdf)
- VCI Application 2018–2019 (pdf)
- VCI General Information 2018 – 2019 (pdf)
- Notice To Vendor DOJ Records Check 2018 – 2019 (pdf)
- VCI Liability Insurance Requirement 2018–2019 (pdf)
- W-9_Rev.12_2014 (pdf)
- VCI Vendors List Spring 2018 (pdf)
For additional information, please contact the Fiscal Services Specialist ~ VCI [email protected] or 909-307-6312 Ext. 4509 in our Redlands business office.