Vendor Course Instruction (VCI) is the use of extracurricular activities to supplement and enrich core curriculum content. A Vendor Course Instructor is an individual or a company that contracts with Gorman Learning Center (GLC) to provide services such as tutoring, science labs, and performing arts classes.
There is a dollar amount designated for each student enrolled at GLC for their VCI and EMR (curriculum) budgets. The VCI budget is dedicated to vendor services only. After a student’s curriculum needs have been met, any remaining, EMR funding may be transferred into their VCI budget and used toward an approved vendor service on the VCI Vendors List.
VCI Policy at a Glance
- The IST manages their students’ VCI budget and produces the student’s purchase orders
- Focus should be on tutoring services or special workshops to broaden basic knowledge and skills in core curriculum content areas
- Student must be completing necessary core curriculum before expanding upon elective courses
- Services must be provided by an approved VCI vendor
- The student must have a purchase order to start and/or continue receiving vendor services
- Parent/Student will contact the approved vendor to confirm eligibility before scheduling services.
- Services can be in a group format or one-on-one tutoring sessions
- VCI does not pay for registration and/or material fees [Ed. Code. 51747.3]
- Students may only attend lessons on academic calendar days.
- VCI can only pay for lessons taken on academic calendar days. (See GLC Academic Calendar)
- Any amount owed to the vendor that exceeds the student’s approved purchase order and/or VCI budget is the responsibility of the parent or guardian of the student
For additional information, please contact the Fiscal Services Specialist ~ VCI. [email protected] or 909-307-6312 Ext. 339 in our Redlands business office.