Vendor Course Instruction (VCI)
What is the VCI Program?
Vendor Course Instruction (VCI) is the use of extracurricular activities to supplement and enrich core curriculum content. A Vendor Course Instructor is an individual or a company that contracts with Gorman Learning Center (GLC) to provide services such as tutoring, science labs, and performing arts classes.
VCI Policy at a Glance
- The student must have a purchase order to start and/or continue receiving vendor services
- Focus should be on tutoring services or special workshops to broaden basic knowledge and skills in core curriculum content areas
- Student must be completing necessary core curriculum before expanding upon elective courses
- Can be in a group format or one-on-one tutoring sessions
- Classes must be provided by an approved VCI member
- VCI is not available on weekends, school holidays, winter, spring, or summer break
- Any amount owed to the vendor that exceeds the students VCI budget is the responsibility of the parent or guardian of the student
Vendor Highlights at a Glance
- You must provide educationally appropriate services
- Instruction must be in vendors place of business or a public location suitable to educational instruction
- Similar vendors in close geographical proximity will not be approved
- You must be fully approved and obtain a purchase order before beginning instruction
- Vendors submit invoices after services are rendered
Please read the information and documents provided below regarding vendorship with GLC. The documents are in Adobe PDF format. For additional information, please contact the VCI Coordinator at 909-307-6312 in our Redlands business office.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a VCI vendor for Gorman Learning Center.
Gorman Learning Center VCI Locator
View Gorman Learning Center VCI Locator in a larger map