Field Trips 2017-18
Gorman is happy to offer school-wide sponsored field trips. We have also included a list of locations and ideas for you to pursue on your own. Field trips are a great way to spend time together, motivate, learn and improve understanding!
Check back frequently for updates and information
Field Trip Coordinator Contact: [email protected]
- Once confirmed, your family is responsible to reimburse Gorman for any fees incurred for your unused RSVPed slots (INCLUDING STUDENTS) if you have to cancel for ANY reason by the RSVP/cancellation deadline.
- Transportation to and from all field trips is the responsibility of families.
- Field trips are limited to students, their MINOR-aged siblings, and their custodial parent/guardian.
- Gorman pays for all students who attend, while families pay for minor-aged siblings and parents/guardians who attend as well as any parking fees.
- Permission slips MUST completed on-line using the link above at least two days PRIOR to the field trip.
- One permission slip is required for EACH minor-aged child (even infants) attending, once per school year.
- Space is limited. RSVPs are accepted on a first RSVPed–first served basis
- A waiting list will be created once capacity for any trip is exceeded
- All students, their MINOR-AGED siblings, and their custodial parent/guardians are welcome to attend (unless there are exceptions noted below). Though we would love to include extended family or friends on our school’s field trips, that is NOT something we can accommodate (there may be case-by-case exceptions due to extenuating circumstances—simply e-mail [email protected] to check).
Currently accepting reservations for all field trips listed below.
- Reservations are accepted on a first RSVPed, first served basis.
- Space is limited but waiting lists will be compiled.
- More field trips will be added as dates and details are confirmed.
Families must RSVP for EACH desired field trip to [email protected] with the following information:
- Students’ names and grade level who are wishing to attend
- MINOR-aged siblings’ names and ages who are wishing to attend
- Parents/custodial guardian names wishing to attend (no extended family)
- Contact phone number
- PLT name (Personalized Learning Teacher—Gorman Teacher)
- Field trip being reserved
|Railroad and Gold Rush Experience, Monday, May 21 at 9:00 a.m. or noon, Irvine Regional Park. RSVP/cancel by Tuesday, April 10—SPACE IS LIMITED
|♦♦♦2018 GRADUATING STUDENTS ONLY♦♦♦
Disneyland Grad Day-Evening, Thursday, May 10
|!!! HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS ONLY !!!
Joffrey Ballet’s Romeo and Juliet, Los Angeles Music Center, Wednesday, March 14 at 10:00 a.m. RSVP/cancel by Monday, February 26—SPACE EXTREMELY LIMITED
|Whale Watching, Monday, March 19 at 8:30 a.m., Newport Beach. RSVP/cancel by Monday, February 26—SPACE IS LIMITED
|LA County Fair, Wednesday, September 20 at 9:00 a.m. RSVP/cancel by Tuesday, September 19
|Mission San Juan Capistrano, Monday, October 30 at 10:00 a.m. RSVP/cancel by Monday, October 16—SPACE IS LIMITED
|Legoland, Friday, December 8 at 9:00 a.m., Carlsbad. RSVP/cancel by Wednesday, November 1—SPACE IS LIMITED
|LA Zoo, Thursday, January 11 at 9:00 a.m., Los Angeles. RSVP/cancel by Friday, January 5—SPACE IS LIMITED
|Columbia Memorial Space Center, Tuesday, February 6 at 9:00 a.m., or 11:00
a.m. or 1 p.m., Downey. RSVP/cancel by Monday, January 15—SPACE IS
More field trips are in the works. As soon as they’re confirmed, additional updates will be sent through your Gorman teacher as well as updated here on our website.
All minors (including babies in the arms) must have an e-field trip permission completed. Be sure to read the permission slip so you know what you’re signing!
- One form per year is required for each minor attending. After submitting an e-permission slip once, only RSVP e-mails are required to attend additional trips throughout the year. Woo hoo! All attendees aged 18 and over (unless an enrolled GLC student) MUST sign the chaperone portion of the permission slip.
- Families must RSVP to [email protected] As soon as they receive a confirmation e-mail back from the field trip coordinator, Kari Haloviak, they are CONFIRMED and responsible for any associated fees. If a family needs to cancel, they must cancel by the RSVP cut-off date listed by each field trip.If they have to cancel, for ANY reason after that date, they will be responsible for all confirmed admissions (including students) unless a replacement can be found for their slots.
- All field trip questions and communication can be answered by referring to the website or by e-mailing [email protected] Phone calls will not be returned but e-mails will.
- Numbers are limited on these wonderful learning opportunities. Field trip reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once capacity has been reached, a waiting list will be compiled.
- In the past, student behavior has been exemplary. If that should not prove to be the case for any student this year, poor behavior will result in that student and his/her family being denied attendance on all remaining GLC field trips.
- Transportation to and from each field trip is the responsibility of each family attending. Though we meet at each destination at a designated time and participate as a group, Gorman is unable to provide transportation for students due to our wide geographic service area.