Gorman is happy to offer school-wide sponsored field trips for students this year. We have also included a list of locations and ideas for you to pursue on your own. Field trips are a great way to spend time together, motivate, learn and improve understanding!
Field Trip Coordinator Contact: [email protected]
- Once confirmed, your family is responsible to reimburse Gorman for any fees incurred for your unused RSVPed slots (INCLUDING STUDENTS) if you have to cancel for ANY reason.
- Transportation to and from all field trips is the responsibility of families
- Field trips are limited to students, their minor-aged siblings, and their custodial parents/guardians.
- Permission slips MUST filled out on-line at least two days PRIOR to the field trip.
- One permission slip is required for EACH minor child (even infants) attending, once per school year.
- Space is limited. RSVPs are accepted on a first RSVPed–first served basis
- A waiting list will be created once capacity for any trip is exceeded
All students, their MINOR-AGED siblings, and their custodial parents/guardians are welcome to attend (exceptions noted below). Though we would love to include extended family or friends on our school’s field trips, that is NOT something we can accommodate (there may be case-by-case exceptions due to extenuating circumstances—simply e-mail [email protected] to check).
Currently accepting reservations for all field trips listed below. Reservations are accepted on a first RSVPed, first served basis. Space is limited but waiting lists will be compiled. More field trips will be added as dates and details are confirmed.
Families must RSVP separately for EACH field trip with the following information:
- Students’ names and grade level who are wishing to attend
- MINOR-aged siblings names and ages who are wishing to attend
- Parents/custodial guardians who are wishing to attend (no extended family)
- Contact phone number
- Mailing address
- IST name (Gorman teacher)
- Field trip being reserved
|Mt. Wilson Observatory, Monday, May 22 at 10:00 a.m., Los Angeles
Past Field Trips
|Revolutionary War/New England Experience, Riley’s Farm, Wednesday, April 26 at 9:15 a.m., Oak Glen
|LA County Fair, Thursday, September 22 at 9:00 a.m., Pomona
|San Diego Safari Park, Thursday, October 27 OR Friday, October 28 at 9:00 a.m., Escondido
|LA Arboretum, Wednesday, November 16 at 9:00 a.m., Arcadia
|Legoland, Monday, December 5 at 9:00 a.m., Carlsbad
|Petersen Automotive Museum, Tuesday, January 10 OR January 24 at 9:30 a.m. or 11:00 a.m., Los Angeles–PLEASE SPECIFY THE DATE YOU’RE CHOOSING
|Reagan Library, Thursday, February 23 at 9:00 a.m., Simi Valley
|Whale Watching, Tuesday, March 14 at 9:00 a.m., Newport Beach
All minors (including babies in the arms) must have an e-field trip permission completed. Be sure to read the permission slip so you know what you’re signing!
Must-have to attend…
- One form per year is required for each minor attending. After submitting an e-permission slip once, only RSVP e-mails are required to attend additional trips throughout the year. Woo hoo! All attendees aged 18 and over (unless an enrolled GLC student) MUST sign the chaperone portion of the permission slip.
- Families must RSVP [email protected] As soon as they receive a confirmation e-mail back from the field trip coordinator, Kari Haloviak, they are CONFIRMED and responsible for any associated fees. If a family needs to cancel, they must cancel by the RSVP cut-off date listed by each field trip.If they have to cancel, for ANY reason after that date, they will be responsible for all confirmed admissions (including students) unless a replacement can be found for their slots.
- All field trip questions and communication can be answered by referring to the website or by e-mailing [email protected]Phone calls will not be returned but e-mails will.
- Numbers are limited on these wonderful learning opportunities. Field trip reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once capacity has been reached, a waiting list will be compiled.
- In the past, student behavior has been exemplary. If that should not prove to be the case for any student this year, poor behavior will result in that student and his/her family being denied attendance on all remaining GLC field trips.
- Transportation to and from each field trip is the responsibility of each family attending. Though we meet at each destination at a designated time and participate as a group, Gorman is unable to provide transportation for students due to our wide geographic service area.