Each IST is assigned a device to use to perform their job duties. The employee can select a PC laptop, Mac laptop, or Chromebook. The devices are owned, managed, and supported by GLC.
Each IST can fill out the following form to make their selection (be sure to be signed into your GLC Google account):
Each IST will need to review and sign the usage agreement:
Device Selection Specifications:
- Lenovo ThinkPad L450
- Core i5 4300U 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
- Windows 10 Pro
- Apple MacBook Air
- Core i5 5250U 4GB RAM 128GB SSD
- OS X El Capitan
- Samsung Chromebook 2
- Celeron N2840 4GB RAM 16GB SSD
- Google Chrome OS
- Devices will be pre-configured by the IT Department.
- Devices will be distributed on specific days (anticipated to be in March) at RRC, AVRC, or SCRC.
- Each IST will need to sign a usage agreement and pick up the device.
- ISTs will be able to keep their GLC Chromebook for the current school year.
- Each device will be pre-configured with Google Drive installed.
- Users should maintain all important documents in Google Drive for automatic backups.
- For technical support, please create a support ticket. Please use this for technical support or for any issues involving damages and repairs.
- Send an email to: [email protected] or visit: http://www.gormanlc.org/support
- Devices will be replaced in the 4th year of deployment.
- GLC employees and students can enter a drawing to receive a unit when it is being retired. The drawing will randomly select a recipient.
- GLC will cover two instances of accidental damage. Third and subsequent incidents are user responsibility.
- Each IST is encouraged to take advantage of Atomic Learning to learn about Windows 10, OS X El Capitan, or Chrome OS.
- Question: Can an IST get a different SKU (for example, with upgraded specifications) than the standard issued models?
- Answer: No, the models offered are not adjustable.
- Question: What happens to the old Chromebooks issued to ISTs?
- Answer: For this current school year, ISTs can keep the Chromebook. It may need to be returned at a later date.
- Question: Do the devices need to be returned if an IST leaves GLC?
- Answer: Yes! The devices are GLC property.
- Question: Will CAASPP testing be able to be conducted on the laptops?
- Answer: Yes! The devices will be pre-loaded with the CAASPP Secure Browser.
- Question: Are these devices compatible with Report Writer?
- Answer: We will not be installing or supporting Report Writer on these devices. The MacBook Air running OS X El Capitan does not run Report Writer.
- Question: Are these devices compatible with Let’s Go Learn?
- Answer: Both the Lenovo ThinkPad and Apple MacBook Air are compatible, but the Chromebook is not supported. If you need to use Let’s Go Learn, please select one of the laptops.